Monday, February 20, 2006

So long and thanks for the skis!

It's Monday morning, the ski weekend is over. It was a lot of fun though. On our way up the turnpike Saturday, there was a girl in front of us at the ticket booth, reaching out to get her ticket. She was reaching as hard as she could, leaning out of the car and everything, but she just couldn't get to the ticket. Meanwhile, Ryan and I are laughing our asses off because we could tell she's really trying hard but not even getting close. To top it off, the guy in the booth came out and handed her the ticket.. maybe you had to be there, but it was hysterical. We stayed at the luxurious Red Carpet Inn. Honestly, it was a really nice motel. It seemed much nicer than most any I've ever stayed at. Not to mention, the Indian girl that was running the front desk had the most American accent ever, if you only heard her voice, you might think she was a blonde white girl.
We skiied our first day at Camelback. There were a few trails there I liked a lot, we stayed for 4 or 5 hours. It was crowded, but not as bad as I expected. After we left, we went to K-Mart and bought Scrabble for entertainment that night. We dined at the J & R Smokehouse, I had BBQ Ribs & Chicken. It was awesome, they gave you a soup AND salad with bread. It's the first time I've gotten a complete meal and eaten all of it without feeling really filled. So, we rounded out the night with a couple games of scrabble and Jurassic Park.
The next day we went to Big Boulder. We had the whole day there. I didn't know where to pay for my rentals, I figured you paid after you got the skis, so I got them, but there was nowhere to pay and it just led out to the slopes, so I got a free rental. We skiied all day up to about 7:30 I think. I think I fell 3 times, but 2 of them were at the bottom by the lift lines. I still feel like I've gotten a lot better, I helped someone get up and got their poles for them. It's nice not being the one needing help. At the end of the day, I got a pair of used skis at an end-of the season cheap rate. So now I own skis, and I hope I'll be able to go once or twice more before the season ends.

Nothing personal or political to talk about today. later.

No comments: