Friday, February 03, 2006

Off Key Melodies

No better timing for this than after my last post about the scene. Luke, Dave, and myself got together last night after our respective work days and started practicing some cover songs. We practiced for about 2 hours until we had the songs pretty well and we had eliminated the ones we couldn't do at all. Then we had a couple drinks and headed over to the Oarhouse. We had to wait for the regular house band to finish playing so we could go on. Once on, we got off to a slow start, but we played our short set with only a few mistakes. It didn't sound good, but everyone was drunk, so they didn't know the difference, and we had a good time. Here is our setlist:

Dammit - blink 182
Going Away to College - blink 182
Murder the Government - NOFX
My Head - Goldfinger
Dick Lips - blink 182
Together on the Sand - NOFX
(A short rendition of Let's get Retarded)
Beer - Reel Big Fish

The night was fun and I got to talk to an old friend for a while, hopefully we can be friends again someday.

On to current matters, Maureen and I are going to Lancaster this weekend. It's a change of pace from the usual big city excursions we take. That's the point, actually, to relax instead of having an itinerary that keeps us busy every moment and having to wake up early. Nope, this time I plan on sleeping in and maybe taking a horse and buggy ride. We are staying at the lovely Travel Inn, whose king size bed and smoke stained curtains are sure to be a natural aphrodisiac. We plan on staying in a lot... So if anyone was wondering that's where I'll be all weekend, living it up with the Amish. I'll be back to civilization on Sunday when I'll be attending the Philadelphia Soul Game and watching the Super Bowl.

So, until I return, farewell.

No comments: