Friday, February 10, 2006

I'll let you know...

Dave, Luke and I played open mic night at the Oarhouse again last night. I think we played much better this time, however Dave thinks he was bad. He wasn't bad, he just needed some water up there with him. Anyway, we played seven songs, scrapping some songs from last week and adding "The Ballad" by Millencolin and "San Dimas High School Football Rules" by The Ataris. I liked both of those songs a lot how we played them. The real point is, I had a good time. As usual, that's all I really care about. I still wish I could be in a real band again though, with a drummer and screaming guitars. I miss it. But I can probably forget about that unless someone I know in a band ends up needing a bassist. It just sucks because of how good Forty West was; so much fun, and with my best friends at that.
So, after the "show" last night, Dave and I watched Waiting. The movie was funny as hell, but it makes me never want to eat at a restaurant again. The "Beeotch" who sent her steak back and got a coating of dandruff, pubic hair and gooch cheese... makes you want to eat whatever steak your waiter brings you, bloody as hell or burnt to a crisp. And the 5 second rule has never been more abused.

Here's to hoping that movie is more fiction than fact..

No comments: