Friday, February 17, 2006

It's raining on Friday

When I woke up this morning, the sun was out. Now, it's dark, rainy, and lightning.. is that the right way to say that it is lightning? Looks strange. So, anyway, last night was great. We played our set, adding "What Went Wrong" by blink and "The Innocent" by GC, Goldfinger & Mest. The former was excellent, we thought, but the latter, not so much. Overall, I think we played really well last night. There were a lot of people there, not so much reaction, but we got more claps than the shitty band before us. I quipped last night that having our 10:30 on-stage time for open mic night is like having a 9AM appointment at a doctor's office, you can get there any time you want, you won't be going in for at least an hour.
After our set, we came back to Dave's and started our poker game. $5.00 buy-in, 5 guys. The first hand, I had 4 aces. Cory and Ryan had full houses, so they both went all in. I matched their bets and took all of their money right off the bat. The rest of the game, I did pretty well, only trailing off towards the end, but I ended up being $15 dollars richer than when I started, so I was happy. I know there was no skill involved, it just feels nice.
So, Ryan and I have amended our plans, we're going skiing at Camelback tomorrow night, then staying over and going to Big Boulder the following day. It should be a good weekend, I'm ready for it to start any time now.

butabup.

No comments: