Thursday, June 01, 2006

Drop a heart, break a name

It's officially June. So to celebrate I'll share something I wrote.

The Wounded Wall.
"The light reflecting off of the blacktop reminds me of her somehow. For that matter, almost everything leads my thoughts to her in one way or another. 'She would like that. She would think that was funny.' The constant thoughts have built a wall that falls apart when she is not around. I feel it start to crumble every time she hangs up the phone. I hear it crack each time she leaves and says goodnight. Each syllable she speaks is a brick to repair the wounded wall. Every smile is the mortar that holds them together. And every touch is the bright blue sky that provides the backdrop. So it goes, daily. As the bricks fall, they wait to be replaced. So when I am alone, I anxiously anticipate that familiar vibration with a hope that this wall could forever stand in my mind."

I'm feeling blah, for lack of a better (or actual) word.
I stand in between the confusion and the complexity.
I feel like a rat in a maze, only here to be observed while I hit dead end after dead end searching for the piece of cheese that isn't hardly what I expected it would be when I reach it.
I'm going to go to bed before I wear a hole in my brain from pacing back and forth in my thoughts.

No comments: