Saturday, June 10, 2006

Do you find me dreadful?

There's a great feeling you can have when you wake up-- not when you're woken up by the alarm or someone yelling at you that you're late-- just when you wake up on time and know you have some time to play with while getting ready. It's nice to just be relaxed and not rushed. But the best part of that is the fact that you have no idea how the day will go after you finally wake yourself up and get out the door. The state of not knowing is pretty amazing, I think. I just stop and think sometimes on days like that- days like today- this day could turn out to be the best day of my life.. or the worst.. but I prefer to think positive. Just try that sometime, dwell in that moment of uncertainty. Embrace it, but know that you control the day, it doesn't control you, so think positive even if it seems like the good stuff is hard to come by and you might be able to make something out of it.

So today was great, save for a minor detail that was my fault and is easily fixed. I got my new car, a 2000 Nissan Altima. I like it a lot, and that's the first time I can say that about a car I've owned. I've liked some, but this one I genuinely love and picked out myself.

The sudden downpour after work flooded the streets and most of any hope I had that we'd still be going to Ocean City. But, somehow, again, the skies cleared for us and we had a cool, but nevertheless dry, walk on the boards. We made the obligatory fudge stop and I had to show off some bubble hockey skills.

We did some shopping at Hamilton Mall (I say we- I was just there to offer opinions and arms to carry things, for I have no money left.) Got some nifty stuff. And the winner of the most time spent in the dressing room award is...

You make my <3 skip a beat.

We decided to go to Olive Garden, but once we got through the door, we realized we had actually stepped in to the Ghetto Pub. It was like one of those dreams where you know where you are and what's supposed to be on the other side of that door, but when you get there, it's all wrong. But hey, even the Ghetto Pub makes a bangin' alfredo gorgonzola!

A nice night under the near-full moon and stars, walking along the water (which you have to watch out for when I'm around, it seems), running from the law.. well no, still walking.

Tucked under blankets, you can sleep easy and ignore the ringing in your ears.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: