Thursday, March 30, 2006

A week's worth..

I haven't updated at all in a while, haven't been motivated to I guess. Last weekend was fun, I took Diana to see Randy Latini at the Comedy Cabaret in Philly for her birthday. The show was pretty good, the host was very bitter because he wasn't funny. It was the first comedy show I've ever been to, but now I'd like to go to more. Sunday we played home run derby for a while, Ryan won the title. Watched Sopranos.. worked, worked. Last night I went to A.C. with Maureen, Dave and his dad. Not our usual trip, as there was no trip to Hooters or long cold walks on the boardwalk. I played roulette the whole time and was up some for a while, but ended up losing that and eventually just breaking even. I'll take that over losing money. I cashed in my cup of change yesterday, too, with a total of $125.15. Not bad for spare change, but a little disappointing cuz I thought there was about 150 in it. Today was kinda hectic but it went by fast. Lou is out for the rest of the week, so I took over his patient runs at work and I have to do my stuff, too, so I keep busy. I saw Carolyn for the first time in months today. We had lunch at Saladworks. I'm just waiting now to go to Dave's to see what we're going to play tonight at the Oarhouse.

While it's on my mind, I feel like writing about this. Someone told me today about a girl who has every opportunity at her feet-- that is, college paid for in full and an apartment the same-- and doesn't show one bit of appreciation. Of course she's a rich bitch, so she's never had to live like the other side and know what it means to have a job or responsibility or have to pay for herself. I hate people who are born into money. They are nothing but snobs because they are spoiled and never need to know how to do anything but criticize others for wearing last month's fashion or shopping at Old Navy and not Abercrombie. And they complain about the most asinine things. This girl just dropped out of school because she didn't feel like going anymore. If only she knew how many people, myself included, would kill to be in her shoes and not only have the opportunity to go to school in the first place, but to not have the financial burden that most do. These kind of people make me sick. I know you're just a product of your surroundings and your upbringing, but anyone with common sense can see the world from another point of view. I guess if you've got that kind of money, you can afford to lack common sense.
And while we're on the subject, I just found out that you can get a college tuition paid-in-full if you're a young girl that has a baby. How does that work? Intelligent girls make sure they use protection and go to every length to not have a child because they know they are in school and can't handle that responsibility right now while they're paying out their asses for college, but some gutter slut can get knocked up and suddenly they're riding the free boat to Rutgers? I just don't get it. I never will, I should probably stop thinking about.

Kill me now.

No comments: