Monday, March 13, 2006

Rainy weather

I took a walk last night. The weather was great, it was the perfect temperature so I decided to walk around the neighborhood and listen to music. It was all good until the very end when it started to rain. It was a perfect metaphor for my weekend.
Friday night I met Dave early and had a few drinks before going to the Comedy Showcase at the Elks. It was a beef and beer so there was good food and Miller Lite. I had an in with the bartender so we got to hang out in the members only section, cheap mixed drinks and free pool table. There were three comedians, although the opener upstaged the other two in my opinion. His name is Randy Latini, check him out. So after the show, Maureen came over and spent the night since we weren't going to get to hang much that weekend. We slept in Saturday and then got up and made eggs and sausage for breakfast. After she left, I rode my bike up to Ryan's.. that was a very hilly ride. We planned to play tennis, but his car battery died at Best Buy, so we spent a few hours waiting for the tow truck and trying to get it working. We got it started, but when we went to Wawa it died again, so it had to get towed to his house. That night was Dave's birthday party. It started slow, but once a few more people showed up it was cool. We played some beer pong, I'm pretty sure me and Dave won. After it died down a little, we turned it into a poker tournament. We had 7 people to start, I believe. It was good, I ended up being one of the last 2 in it with Cory. I came out a little bit ahead.
Sunday afternoon, once we had all woken up, we got together to play some home run derby at the Senior High. A few guys came over and asked us if we wanted to play a game of softball, so we jumped at the chance. Ryan came out and we made our teams. We thought we'd get killed, but we actually hung in and won 13-11. It was a lot of fun, and the guys play every Sunday at Bacon School, so we'll probably end up going out for some more games. So once I finished getting a shower I went to Maureen's and we went to Uno for dinner. It was all good, we came home and watched the Sopranos. Then as I was going to leave, we had a "fight" about something stupid. It wasn't even a fight, cuz it lasted for about 10 seconds, but she told me to leave and I did.. probably the wrong thing to do. Gotta love hindsight, but anyway I haven't talked to her since, even though it's only been like 12 hours, it feels like longer. So hopefully I'll talk to her today and work some things out. Until then.. I have to get to work.

Farewell.

No comments: