Thursday, December 28, 2006

Glad I have friends...

I don't know how to start this.
Nothing to really say I guess.
Slightly depressed that our trip is over so soon.
Slightly depressed that I'll be turning 23 with nothing to show for it.

-no title-

Shining bright like a summer's day
but cold to the touch
The light drains from the sky like the blood
rushing from my heart
Each time you graze my hand

Hard pavement and a soft sky
are all that we need
Nothing new under this sun
so let's make history
That you won't read about in textbooks

A connection like currents
running through veins
Fingertips are circuits
holding the voltage
Until the switch gets flipped

A gaze discovered
and returned
Follow these invisible lines
to a place I'd rather be
Away from wandering eyes and prying minds

Try as you may
this stays with me
Frost on the windshields
is a word frozen in my throat
I need some heat to set it free

Make a wish
and say it aloud
I can be a genie
in one way or another
It would be nice to get out of this lamp sometime.

dm.

No comments: