Sunday, December 10, 2006

The easy kill...

Looking back on some things, I realized that bitterness can turn into complacency after enough time. I guess when you have time and some perspective, things fall into place. Unfortunately that doesn't usually set anything in the present right.

Growing up is letting go.
I wish I could just get up and start traveling everywhere in the world today.
Some people see the future with clarity, I just have a blurry image and white noise.
I'm too concerned with right now anyway.

I just finished writing this, don't judge too harshly:

"I'm blowing kisses from the barrel of a gun
But you've got a vest and just won't run
I'm building a wall to draw this line
And you're waiting just to make the climb

If you could see inside of me
You'd turn away and hide your face
Endearing terms of my regret
Vacation in these past events

This isn't part of a life that you could want
Squinting at me like you're staring at the sun
This wasn't covered in the brochures that you got
You're falling backward just to see if you'll be caught

If you could see behind my eyes
And dig beneath my stash of lies
You'd sink into the sands of thought
And find yourself alone and lost

Maybe I'm the creep you've always wanted
If you've got the meat then why go hunting
Maybe you're the bed in which I slumber
You don't know the man beaneath the covers

Chew me up and swallow down
I'm the prince that's plotting for the crown
Abuse this priveledge constantly
Always talking but it's getting hard to breathe

This is the only way out
Following this tunnel through the ground
There's light ahead, we're almost there
Reflecting in the iris of your stare"

Love goes anywhere/dm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your right i did read it... and maybe i shouldnt have? Its funny cause reading your poem is just like your talking in life.. I have a lot to say but once again ill hold my own..