Friday, October 27, 2006

Your whisper's like a bridge...

Currently Listening: Brand New - Sowing Season
Currently Can't Wait For: Brand New's cd, Nov. 14
Currently Hating: Good Charlotte's new single
Currently Thinking About: You

It's funny how a death in the family can affect you, even if it's an aunt you haven't talked to or seen in years. But, as I know, death is the only sure thing in life. I kind of accept this reality, but I still can't really rationalize it. I try to think of things in common sense terms, but no matter how many times I try to wrap my head around the idea of death, I can't do it. I guess that doesn't make me special in any way; cultures all over the world have been fascinated and perplexed by the idea of death and afterlife since life began. But, while thinking about it I feel alone. Maybe it's my lack of spirituality or my need to question the unknown, but it really gets to me. I just sit and scribble my thoughts, sometimes they rhyme:

"It Only Hurts When I Laugh

From the hospital sheets with the view of the courtyard,
To the funeral march in the sun with your headlights on,
Running this red light to get to the underground,
Fighting this urge to speak to your headstone now,
Turned up soil on the ground at your feet,
Next to tears for the words we never got to speak

And now we're left to wonder what's next,
Look into my eyes and you'll see my soul has left
With you,
And the moonlight's shining for you

Nostalgia can't explain how I feel,
Like a classic film that never left the reel,
And you're waving goodbye just by closing your eyes,
But you never meant to leave us alone

While I'm lost in the twinkle of the stars in the sky,
Your spirit tears away but there's a piece of you inside
Of me,
And the moonlight's shining for you

This can't be real, it's not right,
No, I'll never let you leave my sight,
And when I finally come to see you I know,
That this can be explained,
No, I'm with you here..."

.lovelost.dm.

No comments: