Saturday, October 21, 2006

We are salt and you are the wound


Went to Central Park in Manhattan today, I really liked this picture of the city and nature; manmade vs. natural. Which is more beautiful? I have a soft spot for both, honestly. Probably why I enjoy this type of picture so much.

I'm about to go to a Halloween party, therefore: costume required. I can't do my original idea tonight, but I have to whip something up quick. Any ideas?

I've written a couple of things lately, I always get inspired when I'm at school:

10/18/06
"Compost

Why do we waste what is most valuable?
Time, our least abundant resource, is wasted more than any fossil fuel
Most all of us are guilty
Forget about nuclear fusion--
If we harness time, we can achieve anything
Anyone reading should tell me to take my own advice.
Time seems endless until we have a limit
What would you do if you just received that final eviction notice?
The closing time
When there's an end on the calender, you can fit a lot more inside those little squares
Each hour, you feel every minute, every second drop off the edge
Like a conveyor belt to a black hole
And you're stuck on the track, helpless to wait
Now is the time
To define your existence
Let pettiness and shame fall aside
Allow yourself to escape from your shell of skin
And open like a flower to the world
Absorbing every sunbeam and raindrop
Until the last winter leaves you brown and wilted to return to the earth..."

10/3/06
"So much talking
No one has anything important to convey
A new life
Potential for so much insight--
but isn't that true of each of us?
Wasted potential
Thoughts never thought
A critical analysis of wasted hours
A tear for every missed opportunity-
we're crying forever.
How do we learn to express and exchange these emotions
So many trying to sneak by life in the night without a thought at all
Why examine life when it goes on?
Why question when you can survive without introspection?
I'm asleep in a philosophical coma--
wake me in a like-minded world."

I'm off to pretend I'm someone I'm not. (It's okay, it's the only time of year that it's cool to admit that)
dm.

No comments: